Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sweet From Start to Finish...a Book Review of Siri Mitchell's "Unrivaled"



Siri Mitchell was a new author to me, and I will def. be reading more of her books!  Unrivaled was a sweet story (pun?  yes!)about the candy making business in St. Louis in the early 1900s.  I learned much about the process of making candy, the rivalry of the candy makers in that day, and how hard it is to come up with a wonderful recipe for just the right candy that people will buy.  I enjoyed the history Siri painted of life in St. Louis in 1910...did you know that the ladies of that day scheduled a day of the week to be their 'at home' day, when they would receive visitors?  The beautiful artwork on the cover of the book fit the description of Lucy and Charlie perfectly and gave me a great visual as I read about their topsy turvey relationship.  It was a lovely story of charm and redemption which I would def. recommend.  Enjoy!

Blessings,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave an encouraging comment or question. I read each one!

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover